Legal Services

Guiding You Through the Entire Immigration Process

Our law office Berthoff Fernandes PLLC in Dallas, Texas, specialize in US immigration law. We provide legal representation to anyone who wishes to file a case for Legal Residence or Citizenship. We speak fluent English and French. A Spanish interpreter is also available upon request. We accept credit or debit card payments, in person or over the phone.

Legal Representation

We will appear on behalf of our clients who wish to start their case inside the US with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service™ (USCIS) within the Department of Homeland Security™ (DHS). For those who want to file a case for Consular Processing, we will assist you in filing papers at the US Consulate of your home country.

Assistance and Advice

Make an appointment with us, and an attorney will meet you in person and will review your situation if you or your loved ones are eligible for Legal Residency, immigration, Citizenship, or a visa in the US. We provide assistance and advice for any of the following:

  • Citizenship and Naturalization Applications
  • Family-Based Immigrant Visa Applications
  • I-601 & I-601 A Waiver Applications
  • Marriage Petitions
  • I-751 Joint and Waiver Petitions
  • Relative Petitions (Parents, Children, Fiances, and Siblings of US Citizens)
  • Legal Residence by Adjustment of Status and Affidavits of Support
  • Legal Residence by Consular Processing and Affidavits of Support
  • US Visas for Victims of Violent Crime (Women and Men)
  • InfoPass Appointments with the USCIS

Consular Processing

Apart from completing immigration documents, waivers, and petitions, you can also count on us to obtain lawful permanent residency visas. These will be processed at a consulate outside of the US. People who may need help include:

  • Consular ProcessingParents, spouses, and children of legal permanent residents.
  • Family members of American citizens or legal residents who came to the US without a visa.
  • Brothers, sisters, sons or daughters of American citizens.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

We will help you apply for a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), as well as Employment Authorization. Since August 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security has been accepting DACA applications for young people who migrate to the country. They must meet several guidelines to become eligible. Listed below are the following qualifications:

  • You are at least 15 years old.
  • You came to the US before the age of 16.
  • You have been a US resident since June 15, 2007.
  • You were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012.
  • You were physically-present in the US on or before June 15, 2012.
  • You hold a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) or you are currently a student
  • You are an honorably-discharged veteran of the Military or Coast Guard of the United States.
  • You have not been convicted of felony and three or more counts of a serious misdemeanor.
  • You do not pose a threat to public or national security.